General School Tour
Explore local history from the time of original Native American residents to today. The tour includes highlights of the History Museum's long-term exhibits. Arrangements can be made prior to the tour if there are specific exhibits or themes the organizer wants to highlight.
Special Focus General Tours
Prior to the tour, teachers can select a special focus general tour.
Pre-School Ohlone Focus Listen to an Ohlone story and play a California Native American game in Nature's Bounty . Then, explore a few other exhibits. Playing in the Past Listen to a story and do a related craft activity. Then, explore a museum exhibit connected to the story. Intended for young students, limit 15 students per tour. My Museum Students explore why items are in the museum and how they are displayed. Intended for students creating a museum in their classroom.
- Available for pre-school to high school classes and after-school groups.
- 1-1.5 hour tour.
- Available on Tuesdays-Saturdays.
- Ohlone activities from Providing Plenty and cultural activities from People from Many Places are not included in the general school tour.
- One chaperone per every five students is required.
- The cost is $40 for up to 15 students, $65 for up to 30 students.