Growth and Conflict: Growing Nation, Changing County
Travel through San Mateo County history to see the growth and conflict of the nation reflected at the county level. Stagecoaches, railways, streetcars and the highway systems laid the framework for our cities. New cities brought immigrants from around the world. New people contributed to the economic growth and political development of our communities. The response to the immigrants was often prejudicial. Come learn about growth, conflict and corruption in the county's history during a tour of the Journey to Work and Land of Opportunity exhibits.
- Geared to eighth graders.
- History-Social Science Content Standards: 8.12.
- 1.5-hour program (allow more time for a large class size).
- Available by arrangment.
- One chaperone per every five students is required to assist with hands-on activities.
- 2012-2013 Fee: The cost is $60 for up to 30 students. Fee applies to one class per program.