Docents are needed to lead thematic student programs, usually for students in the third through fourth grades. Docents oversee an exploration of the exhibits and lead hands-on activities. Docents give general tours for adults’ and kids’ tours.
Tuesday – Fridays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.,
11:30 a.m.– 2:30 p.m.
In the last year, volunteers contributed over 13,000 hours of service to the San Mateo County Historical Association in a variety of important areas. As the Association continues to grow, there are increasing numbers of volunteer jobs available. Please consider one of our opportunities.
Docents assist the site manager with the school program.
On weekends, docents interpret the site for visitors.
Sanchez: Tuesday – Friday from 9:30 am. – 1:30 p.m.,
Saturday-Sunday from 1 – 5 p.m.
Woodside: Tuesday & Thursday from 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., Saturday-Sunday from 12 – 4 p.m.
Encore Books on the Square, located at the History Museum, is operated completely by our volunteers. All proceeds support the activities of the Historical Association. Help is needed sorting, pricing, and selling books.
Tuesday – Saturday from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m
- Assist with childrens’ crafts at Family Past Times.
- Help with family activity days.
- Work a booth at a special event.
- Help accession new objects.
- Label and stuff envelopes for special mailings.
- Build display cases or paint walls for a new exhibit.
- Clip newspapers, file, assist visitors, and do research in the archives.